Tim Samuel Design Pty Ltd (ACN 602 601 730)
1. Tim Samuel Design Pty Ltd (ACN 602 601 730) (“we”, “us” and “our”) respects your personal information and is committed to protecting your privacy.
B What is personal information?
5. Personal information is information or an opinion about an individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether true or not and whether recorded in material form or not.
6. We may collect different kinds of personal information from you in a variety of ways.
C What personal information do we collect?
7. Your use of information and services available through our website will affect the type of information that we collect about you.
8. We may collect personal information from you when you:
(a) make a Transaction;
(b) use our Website; or
(c) contact us by any method, such as telephone, email, post, facsimile or in person.
9. When you make a Transaction, we will collect the personal information you provide to us during the ordering process or in the course of a Transaction. Such personal information may include details such as your full name, date of birth, phone number, email address, credit card number, expiry date, bank details and street and billing address.
10. When you access and use our Website we may record and log for statistical purposes certain information about such access and use, including your IP address, the date and time of your visit, the parts of our Website you access during your visit, your actions on our Website, and the browser you are using. Where you make a Transaction, this information may be associated with you.
11. As well as collecting information directly from you, there may be occasions when we collect information about you from a third party. For example, we may collect information from a third party where they purchase products on your behalf.
12. You may use our Website without registering, in which case we will not be able to personally identify you unless you choose to make a Transaction or you otherwise provide us with your identity. You cannot, however, make a Transaction anonymously or using a pseudonym.
14. Please note that rejecting cookies may mean that some or all of the functions on our Website will not be available to you. In particular, cookies must be enabled to access and use any part of our Website for placing orders.
F How is your personal information used?
15. The personal information that we collect is generally used to provide products or services to you, to track your usage, to evaluate performance of our Website and to keep track of your shopping cart and your account settings. Information collected by us may also be used for the following purposes:
(a) to provide you with information in relation to the products and services we provide;
(b) to send email notifications to you for special promotions or offers conducted by us;
(c) to conduct marketing activities and to conduct market research;
(d) to respond to your questions or suggestions;
(e) to improve the quality of our products or services;
(f) to respond to any issues concerning the usage of or in relation to any issues on the Website; and
(g) to improve the quality of your visit to our Website.
16. We may contact you via telephone, email, SMS or post to effect (a)(i) to (vii) listed above.
17. You may opt out of receiving such information by notifying us accordingly, or using any unsubscribe facility we provide for that purpose.
G Disclosure of your personal information
19. We will not otherwise disclose your personal information to any third party unless:
(a) that third party is the seller of a product you have purchased in any Transaction;
(c) that third party is a contractor engaged to provide the delivery of goods or services to us or you (including goods or services that assist us in providing our Website). This may include disclosure to contractors outside of Australia. Our agreements with such contractors require that they keep your personal information confidential, and that they only use or disclose your personal information for the purposes of providing those goods or services to us; or
(d) you have consented for us to share the information for this purpose, or the disclosure is authorised by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”) including:
(i) to lessen or prevent a serious threat to life or health;
(ii) to protect the personal safety of users of our Website or the public;
(iii) if authorised, requested or required by law (including any Court Orders, Subpoenas or Warrants);
(iv) if we have reason to suspect that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in;
(v) to enforce the law or where necessary to investigate a suspected unlawful activity; or
(vi) you would reasonably expect or we have told you that your personal information is usually used or disclosed to third parties in this way.
20. By providing us with personal information you consent to the terms of this Policy and the types of disclosure covered by this Policy.
H Access and correction of your personal information
21. We will, on request or via any account registration on the Website, provide you with access to the information we hold about you, including for the purpose of correcting or updating that information, unless there is an exception to such disclosure which applies under the Australian Privacy Principles (“APPs”).
22. If you require access to your personal information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Before we provide you with access to your personal information should you directly request us to do so, we will require some proof of identity to our reasonable satisfaction. For most requests, your information will be provided free of charge, however, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request requires a substantial effort on our part.
23. If we refuse to provide you with access to the information, we will provide you with reasons for the refusal and inform you of any exceptions relied upon under the APPs (unless it would be unreasonable to do so).
24. We take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete, and up-to-date whenever we collect or use it. If the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete, irrelevant or out-of-date, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to either correct this information, or if necessary, discuss alternative action with you.
25. The security of your personal information is important to us. We take reasonable steps to prevent your information from misuse, interference or loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. This includes the use of technologies and processes such as access control procedures, network firewalls, encryption and physical security to protect the privacy of your personal information.
26. The steps taken to protect personal information when you make a Transaction include, notwithstanding this is performed through any third party provider of the Website to our knowledge includes:
(a) using a secure server system that encrypts your order information;
(b) password protecting your order information on our systems; and
(c) protecting and/or deleting your payment method data from the secure server once an order is processed (subject to the third party Website providers policies).
27. While we take care to maintain the confidence and security of personal information we cannot guarantee the security of information that you disclose online. Any information disclosed by you is at your own risk.
28. You can help maintain security by keeping your password safe and not making it available to other people.
29. If you become aware of a security breach you should notify us as soon as possible.
J Links to other websites
30. Sometimes our Website may contain links to other websites. When you access a website other than our Website, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of that site. We recommend that you review the privacy policies of each website you visit. We hold no responsibility for the privacy policies of other websites and you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless for any activities undertaken in other websites.
K Amendment of this policy
31. This policy may be amended or update from time to time without notice to you.
L Queries, complaints and further information
32. If you have any queries or complaints with regard our collection, use or management of your personal information, please contact:
Tim Samuel Design Pty Ltd (ACN 602 601 730)
70 Alfred Street, Annandale NSW 2038
T: 02 9160 3408
33. If you wish to make a complaint about an alleged breach of the Privacy Act, we ask that you send us your complaint in writing to the email address listed above. We endeavour to respond to complaints within a reasonable period (usually 21 days). If you are not satisfied with our response, we ask you to provide us your reasons why in writing and failing any resolution after such action, you may make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by phoning 1300 363 992 or by email at email@example.com.